Follow this troubleshooting guide when the Dream Sock base station won’t connect to your home Wi-Fi network and start tracking your little one's sleep trends.
Fix WiFi issues with our self-service app!
Diagnose and troubleshoot WiFi with our support partner RouteThis Helps. Check out WiFi Dream Sock Self Help Tool, to find out more about how the RouteThis app can help fix problems with WiFi, setup, and video quality. Available only in the US and Canada.
Before troubleshooting, ensure the following conditions are met.
- The correct Wi-Fi password is being used.
- You are connecting to a 2.4g Wi-Fi (5g is not compatible.)
- Verify your internet is working by browsing a website on another wireless device connected to your home Wi-Fi.
- The base station is in close range of your router. (The base can be relocated after setup depending on signal strength.)
Use the Wi-Fi status light and Owlet app status to determine which of the following troubleshooting steps to use.
The status light is a small LED located on the bottom of the Dream Sock base station, it will be illuminated bright green when connected to Wi-Fi.
The Wi-Fi light is off (During Dream Sock setup)
- Verify you are connected to the Owlet Wi-Fi network in your device’s network settings.
The Wi-Fi light is on but the connection was unsuccessful (During Dream Sock setup)
- The app may be incorrect. Skip forward in the setup by clicking the “Skip Forward” button in the bottom right and continue with Dream Sock registration.
The Wi-Fi light is on but failed to register
- Go to Wi-Fi settings on your device and verify you are no longer connected to the Owlet Wi-Fi network and are connected to the same home network you are connecting the Dream Sock base station to.
The Wi-Fi light is off but the Dream Sock was previously connected & App is searching for the Dream Sock base station
- The Wi-Fi connection was lost. Reconnect to wifi by clicking the gear icon for the Dream Sock and clicking Change Wi-Fi. Follow the instructions in the app.
- The Dream Sock base station will remember the 5 most recent Wi-Fi networks, so when using it in a temporary location you’ll need to connect to the new network using the Change Wi-Fi menu as mentioned above. If your home network was within the 5 most recent connections, it will automatically reconnect once within range.