This article is used when setting up your Owlet Cam either for the first time or if you’re resetting up after removing the Cam from your Owlet App. When attempting to pair your Owlet Cam, you will be presented with a QR code on your mobile device. This QR code will need to be shown to the camera AFTER you hear “ready to pair.” If your camera does not chime or is not connecting, follow the troubleshooting path below.
Before troubleshooting, ensure the following conditions are met.
- The sticker is removed from the lens of the camera and there are no cracks on the lens.
- The brightness on your mobile device is at 100%, you are not in dark mode, and there aren’t cracks on your screen that would interfere with the QR code.
- You are connected to a 2.4g wifi (5g is not compatible).
- After clicking “I heard a chime,” do not let the screen lock or app close.
1. Verify the camera is in pairing mode. (Camera status light below the camera lens will blink red and blue when in pairing mode.)
2. Hold up your QR Code to the camera about 6-8 inches (15-20cm) away from the lens.
- If you heard a chime, press “I heard a chime.”
- If there is no chime within several seconds, try moving your device around slowly to better align the QR code to the Cam.
3. If you heard the chime but still have a connection error, click “Try Connecting Again,” and ensure you are using the correct password for your wifi.
- To Factory Reset follow step 2 in this article.
- If you have attempted this multiple times and continue getting an error, try factory resetting the Cam, force quitting the app, and starting the process again.
After following this troubleshooting path, and you are still not able to scan the QR code from your mobile device, please chat with one of our technical support experts
- Click the ‘Help’ icon on the bottom right of the page.
- Call our technical support experts at 844.334.5330 Monday through Sunday from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM MST.
Did this article help to solve your issue? Please give us a rating below!