Before you begin troubleshooting, ensure:
- Your sticker is removed from the lens of the Owlet Cam and there are no cracks on the lens.
- Brightness on your mobile device is 100% (switch out of dark mode if it's on) and your mobile deivce screen is free of cracks to allow your Cam lens to read your QR code easily.
- You are connected to a 2.4GHz WiFi (5GHz is not compatible).
- After tapping I heard a chime be sure your mobile device screen remains unlocked and your Owlet App is open.
Important for first-time setup
During your first-time setup, you are presented with a QR code in the Owlet app on your mobile device. This QR code displays for your Owlet Cam to read. Once it does, show the QR code displayed in your app to the Owlet Cam's lens as soon as you hear the Cam respond with the phrase “ready to pair.”
My Cam is not chiming, not saying "ready to pair" and not connecting
- Verify your Owlet Cam is in pairing mode. (Camera status light below the camera lens will blink red and blue in pairing mode.) Please go here for instructions on placing your Cam in pairing mode.
- Hold your mobile device screen with the QR code displaying up to your Owlet Cam's lens, about 6-8 inches (15-20cm), to enable it to read your QR code.
- If you hear a chime, tap I heard a chime in your app.
- If you are not hearing the chime (after about 4-5 seconds), try moving your mobile device screen around slowly to better align your QR code to your Owlet Cam's lens.
- If you are experiencing a connection error after hearing the chime, tap Try Connecting Again and check that you are using the correct password for your WiFi.
If your password is correct and you are attempting to connect multiple times and still receiving an error, try:
- Force quitting your app and restarting.
- Please note that performing a Factory Reset of your Cam will cause your Owlet Cam to forget previous WiFi connections and enter pairing mode.