Please Note: Owlet products work with dual-band routers (2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz).
- For setup, both your Owlet device and phone or tablet need to be connected on 2.4GHz
- Please perform set-up within 10 feet of your router
- After setup you may move your phone or tablet back to 5GHz
Are you ready to track your baby's sleep trends, but can't see the Owlet WiFi during setup?
This article provides troubleshooting for when you cannot see the Owlet Network during your Wifi set-up. Note: the Owlet Wifi is a temporary network designed to function during your Owlet Dream Sock set-up.
If you are connecting your Owlet to WiFi for the first time, you will see a wireless network being broadcast that has "Owlet" in the name. This is a temporary network that will help you during your Dream Sock setup. The Owlet WiFi will only broadcast during the initial setup. After you've successfully connected the Dream Sock to your home WiFi, it will no longer broadcast the Owlet WiFi. Follow the directions in the Owlet App to connect your Owlet Dream Sock to your WiFi.
Now, you're ready to understand your baby's sleep trends using your Dream Sock.
If you don't see a network with "Owlet" in the name try the troubleshooting steps here.
- The Dream Sock Base Station is not plugged in
- The Dream Sock Base Station is already connected to WiFi
- Plug the Dream Sock base station in, and cycle (turn off/on) your WiFi in your phone
- Check to see if the WiFi light is on (bottom of the Dream Sock Base Station); if it is, you are already connected to the WiFi network. If your app is still asking you to connect to WiFi, you can skip that step and move on to registration.