Follow this troubleshooting guide when the BabySat Base Station won’t connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
Please Note: BabySat works with dual band routers (2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz).
- For setup, both your BabySat and phone need to be connected on 2.4GHz
- Please perform set-up within 10 feet of your router
- After setup you may move your phone or tablet back to 5GHz
Before troubleshooting, ensure the following conditions are met.
- The correct Wi-Fi password is being used.
- You are connecting to a 2.4g Wi-Fi (5g is not compatible.)
- Verify your internet is working by browsing a website on another wireless device connected to your home Wi-Fi.
- Solution: Reboot the router and modem, or contact your internet provider.
- The base station is in close range of your router. (The base can be relocated after setup depending on signal strength.)
- Solution: Move the Base Station closer to your router or use a router with better signal strength.
Use the Wi-Fi status light and Owlet app status to determine which of the following troubleshooting steps to use.
The status light is a small LED located on the bottom of the base station, it will be illuminated bright green when connected to Wi-Fi.
The Wi-Fi light is off (During sock setup)
- Verify you are connected to the Owlet Wi-Fi network in your device’s network settings.
The Wi-Fi light is on but the connection was unsuccessful (During sock setup)
- The app may be incorrect. Skip forward in the setup by clicking the “Skip Forward” button in the bottom right and continue with registration.
The Wi-Fi light is on but failed to register
- Go to Wi-Fi settings on your device and verify you are no longer connected to the Owlet Wi-Fi network and are connected to the same home network you are connecting the base station to.
The Wi-Fi light is off but the sock was previously connected & App is searching for the base station
- The Wi-Fi connection was lost. Reconnect to wifi by clicking the gear icon for the sock and clicking Change Wi-Fi. Follow the instructions in the app.
- The base station will remember the 5 most recent Wi-Fi networks, so when using it in a temporary location you’ll need to connect to the new network using the Change Wi-Fi menu as mentioned above. If your home network was within the 5 most recent connections, it will automatically reconnect once within range.