To provide the best experience possible when developing a new product (apps included), different levels of testing are done. The final step before a new version is moved into production, and is available to you, is to ensure that there are no issues interfering with normal use (often referred to as bugs or glitches). This step essentially mirrors the product version accessible for customer use and is referred to as a stage or staging environment.
If you are using the Owlet Web App that is in a staging environment, we highly recommend moving to the production version available. This will provide a consistent and better experience.
How to check which Owlet Web App version.
- Press and hold the Owlet App icon.
This brings up the actions menu.
- Tap Share Bookmark.
The share action menu will appear from the bottom of the page.
- Verify the web address app.staging.owletcare.com is attached to the Owlet Web App, then delete it from your home page.
If the web address says app.owletcare.com, you are using the correct version and no further steps are needed.
Where to get the Owlet Web App.
Note: For more detailed steps, see the article How do I download the Owlet Web App?
- Navigate to app.owletcare.com. (Ensure the staging app has been deleted first.)
- In Safari's bottom toolbar tap the share icon.
- Tap Add to Home Screen.
- Tap Add in the top right of the screen, creating an extension.
- Open the Owlet Web Version app now located on your home page.
Connecting the Smart Sock to the new app.
Note: You will need to join the app with the same email address.
- Tap Add New Device.
- Verify that your Base Station is connected to WiFI.
The indicator light for WiFi will be green on the bottom of the base station.
- If your Base Station is not connected to WiFi, follow the in-app connection steps.
Otherwise, skip the step in the app by tapping The WiFi light is on.
- Follow the prompts to register the base to your new account.
- Create a new child profile.
- You are ready to continue using your Owlet Smart Sock.