This article is for troubleshooting a disconnected Owlet Cam video stream after it has been previously set up. Follow the troubleshooting guide below to restore the connection and video stream.
Begin by checking the following:
- Force close then relaunch the Owlet App.
- Check that the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network used by Owlet Cam is broadcasting.
- On your mobile device and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Cam, run a speed test.
- Both download and Upload speeds must exceed 2 Mbps. The Cam requires 2 Mbps of dedicated bandwidth for both download and upload.
- Verify the Owlet mobile app is up to date.
- Check for updates in the Google Play/App Store and we also recommend using automatic updates.
- Verify the Cam firmware is updated.
- An orange bar will be visible on the app’s main view if there is an update available.
- Reboot the Cam
- Unplug the Cam from power and wait 10 seconds. Restore power and wait for the Cam to completely reboot.
Check the Cam Status Light as needed.