If you are having difficulty connecting your Owlet Base Station to Wifi through the Owlet App, you may be able to connect your Base Station to WiFi through a computer.
- Plugin the Base Station.
- On your desktop or laptop, click to select a WiFi network. (For some computers this is a symbol, as pictured here, or maybe under Settings or My Computer)
- Look for a network labeled "Owlet-XXXXXXXXXXX".
**For PC, once you've selected the Owlet WiFi network from available choices, open a new internet browser window and type 192.168.0.1 in the search bar and click enter or search.
This opens up the WiFi connection page (also seen under Mac instructions), allowing you to manually connect the Base Station to the internet.
Select your network by clicking connect, and type in any needed password or credentials. Click Connect.
**For Mac, selecting the Owlet Base Station network should automatically bring up a connection box (but if not, follow the steps below for a PC).
- Select the network from your available WiFi networks to which you want the monitor to connect, and type in any needed password or credentials and click “Connect".
- A status window will appear. Type your password and click connect.
- If the window doesn't appear, open a new internet browser window and type 192.168.0.1 in the search bar and click enter or search.
- Wait for the Base Station to connect and then reconnect to your regular computer network.
How do I know if I’m connected?
The green indicator light on the bottom of the Base Station will light up.
Make sure to reconnect your computer to your regular WiFi network.
**The Owlet network will disappear and become invisible once the Base Station has successfully connected to the home WiFi network. For instructions on resetting Wifi credentials and making the Owlet network visible, click here.
If you have the Owlet App available, after connecting to WiFi, continue set up within the app