Congratulations on your pregnancy, and thank you for purchasing the Owlet Pregnancy Band! We are so excited to help you connect with your baby and give you peace of mind throughout your pregnancy journey.
This digital product manual will walk you through everything you need to know to set up and use your Owlet Pregnancy Band.
What's in the box?
- 3 Adjustable Side Panels
- Charging Station
- Power Adapter
How does the Owlet Band work?
The Owlet Pregnancy Band uses passive, ultra-thin sensors to track bioelectrical signals inside the womb. These signals are sent to the Medallion where they are interpreted by state-of-the-art algorithms. The Medallion also sends this information to the Owlet Pregnancy App via Bluetooth. A strong Bluetooth and WiFi connection ensures that the app receives and displays all collected data accurately. Learn more about the safety and accuracy of the Band.
- The Owlet Pregnancy Band requires access to an iOS device and the Owlet Pregnancy App. The iOS device must be iPhone 6s or newer; minimum OS version 14.
- A wireless internet connection is required while setting up your Band.
- In order to get the best readings possible, users must be 24+ weeks pregnant to use the product.
- Intended for use by mothers pregnant with a single baby; the Band does not accommodate twins or multiples.
- The Band is intended for use while sleeping.
How to set up the Owlet Pregnancy Band
- Download the Owlet Pregnancy App, available only for iOS
2. Create an account
If you already have an “Owlet Care App” account for an Owlet Smart Sock or Owlet Cam, you may use the same credentials, but you still need to make a new account.
3. Set up the Band
Follow the in-app instructions to pair your Medallion with your account. To set up your device, you must enable Bluetooth, turn on wifi, and have a wireless internet connection. During setup, the Medallion may need to be updated. Medallion updates can take up to 10 minutes. During the update, do not take your Medallion off of the charging station or force quit the app.
4. Create a pregnancy profile
Follow the in-app instructions to create a pregnancy profile.
How to wear the Band
Read the step-by-step guide here: How to put on the Owlet Pregnancy Band.
How to use the Band
Start a Session
- Remove the Medallion from the charging station and place it in the Band
- Put the Band on
- Start a session in the Pregnancy App
- Go to sleep (3+ hours for best results)
- Wake up and press “end session” in the Pregnancy App to view your session report
- A loading screen appears while data transfers from the Medallion to the app. Keep the phone within a good Bluetooth range of the Medallion (less than 10 feet is recommended).
View your session report
Your session report gives you the data collected during your session. There are 3 kinds of session reports:
- Completed Session. After wearing the Owlet Pregnancy Band overnight, you will receive a report the following morning showing you a graph of your baby’s heartbeat data. Click the question mark next to each graph header for more information on interpreting the graphs. Click on “listen” to hear audio of your baby’s heartbeat. You can share this with friends and family.
- Incomplete Session. The Band requires a minimum time requirement of 20 minutes in order to determine if your baby’s heartbeat looks good. If the session is less than 20 minutes, you will receive an incomplete session. This session report does include the limited data the Band collected.
- Low Quality Readings. In this case, the Band was unable to generate a report of Baby and mom’s readings due to a variety of reasons. Click here to learn more about why this might be happening and how to resolve it. We know this is a disappointing result. Most mothers who experience a low quality reading report improvement over time and by following the recommendations in the article linked above.
Review your session report history
The History tab in the app displays a list of all completed sessions. Pull down on the list to refresh data, or close and re-open the app.
Charge the Medallion
The Medallion takes approximately 2 hours to achieve a full charge and should last approximately 8 hours. If the battery dies during the session, not to worry. All of the data collected by the Medallion will be sent to the phone once the Medallion is powered up and within Bluetooth range of the phone (less than 10 feet away).
Whenever the Medallion is not being used for a session, we recommend keeping it on the charger as it will slowly lose battery life.
Wash and store your Band
We recommend washing the Band every 3 weeks. Learn how by clicking here: How to wash and store your Owlet Pregnancy Band
Help and Support Center
In the app, go to Account > Help and Support to contact our customer service team via chat, email, or phone, or go to http://support.owletcare.com/. For more tips and tricks, view the educational articles on the Home tab in the app.
Warning and Important Safety Information
WARNING: The Owlet Band is not a medical device. It is not intended for use as a medical device or to replace a medical device. It does not and is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, alleviate, or prevent any disease or health condition or investigate, replace, or modify anatomy or any physiological process.
The Owlet Band is meant for healthy, pregnant women who are at least 24 weeks pregnant. It is not intended for use with high-risk pregnancies.
- Do not use the Owlet Band as a diagnostic tool.
- Do not use the Owlet Band if your medical professional recommends the use of a medical device.
- Do not use the Owlet Band as an excuse for unsafe pregnancy habits.
- Do not use the Owlet Band as a replacement for or in lieu of medical care.
THE OWLET BAND IS AN AID. IT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL SUPERVISION.
Remember: This product is only intended to assist you in tracking your wellbeing during your pregnancy and is not intended to replace you as a caregiver. You are responsible for your own and your baby's health and wellbeing and following safe pregnancy practices, health, and care guidelines.
Owlet proudly stands behind its products. Our warranties are found at: https://owletcare.com/pages/warranty.
Terms and Conditions
The use of Owlet’s products is subject to the terms and conditions found at: https://owletcare.com/pages/terms.
By using an Owlet product, you agree to those terms. For contact information specific to your region, please visit https://support.owletcare.com.
Your safety and the safety of others are very important to us. There are many important safety messages in this manual and in the app. Always read and obey all safety messages.
Medallion Model #: OBB 1.0
Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment. Please ONLY use the supplied power adapter. Failure to do so may void our limited warranty. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, may cause interference harmful to radio communications.
IC : 21386-OBB1A This device complies with Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interferences, and (2) this device must accept interferences, including interferences that may cause undesired operation of the device.
CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3(B)
Conforms to UL 62368-1 and CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 62368-1
Input: 100-240V ~ 0.2A 50-60Hz