Smart Sock Fit & Placement
USING YOUR SMART SOCK
Every Owlet Smart Sock includes three fabric socks. Sock fit and placement is a critical step to ensure an optimal experience. You can purchase additional fabric socks or just the size 3 fabric sock here. If you have questions or comments regarding using your sock, please watch the video above and then contact our fantastic customer support team at (844) 334-5330 or via email at email@example.com
WHICH FABRIC SOCK SHOULD I USE?
- Your Smart Sock came with three fabric socks. Please reference the chart below when making your choice. Please remember, weight is typically a more accurate guide when selecting the proper size. *We recommend using the updated fabric socks as they provide increased comfort for infants and create a better experience overall when using your Owlet device. Call (844) 334-5330 to order.
CAN THE SMART SOCK BE WORN ON EITHER FOOT?
- Your Smart Sock was designed to work on either the right or left foot. If used on the right foot, the sensor dome should be on the top of the foot. If used on the left foot, the sensor dome should be on the bottom of the foot.
HOW DO I PUT ON THE SOCK? - SOCK PLACEMENT
- Each sock has a notch to help you put the sock in the place. The sock notch should be placed 1cm behind the pinky toe on either foot. This will make sure the sensor is in the best position to receive accurate readings.
PUTTING ON THE SOCK. HOW TIGHT SHOULD THE SOCK BE?
- The Smart Sock should be securely placed on your baby's foot but not too tight. The overlapping velcro should never be secured beyond the base velcro. The Sock notch should be 1cm behind the pinky toe.
CAN YOU WEAR THE SMART SOCK UNDER FOOTIE PAJAMAS?
- Yes! Just make sure the Smart Sock is directly next to the skin. We recommend using your best judgment selecting pajamas that are not too tight or too hot. Excessive moisture and pressure may cause skin irritation on baby's sensitive skin.
HOW DO I INSERT THE SENSOR?
- Make sure you can see the light in the windows. Carefully insert the sensor, narrow end first. Make sure the dome is tucked all the way inside. You should be able to see the two lights through the vinyl windows.