If you're having difficulty registering the Base Station, this could be due to a few different reasons. The most likely causes are listed below followed by proven solutions for each cause.
Please Note: Owlet products work with dual-band routers (2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz).
- For setup, both your Owlet device and phone or tablet need to be connected on 2.4GHz
- Please perform set-up within 10 feet of your router
- After setup you may move your phone or tablet back to 5GHz
- Base Station is not connected to the internet
- The Base Station and phone are not on the same home WiFi network (This can include if the phone is connected to the 5GHz network instead of the 2.4GHz)
- Pressing the wrong button on the Base Station
- Not waiting long enough for the action to complete
- Register button (small button) is broken
- Router compatibility
- Verify the green WiFi indicator light on the bottom of the Base Station is on.
**You may have to dim the base station light to view the WiFi indicator light.
- If the WiFi light is off, follow steps in the app to connect the Base Station to your home WiFi network
- Verify the mobile device is connected to the same WiFi network as the recently connected Base Station
- Briefly press the small button on the bottom of the Base Station
- After pressing the small button on the bottom of the Base Station, wait 6-7 seconds before pressing "register" on the app. This still may take a few tries to successfully register your device to your account.
- If this does not work, press and hold the small button down for 6-7 seconds. This should play the test alarm. If it does not, the button is broken. Please contact technical support for assistance.