Please Note: Owlet products work with dual-band routers (2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz).
- For setup, both your Owlet device and phone or tablet need to be connected on 2.4GHz
- Please perform set-up within 10 feet of your router
- After setup you may move your phone or tablet back to 5GHz
This article provides troubleshooting for when you need to verify that your Owlet Base Station is connected to the same Wifi network as your phone. The Owlet Base Station, like many devices, cannot connect to 5G WiFi networks, hidden networks, or cellular networks. Most WiFi-enabled mobile devices have built-in preferences to remember wireless networks. This means that once the Owlet Base Station has successfully connected to your WiFi network, your mobile device used to connect the Base Station to that wireless network will return to its previously preferred network.
If you normally use a 5G, hidden, or cellular network (3G or LTE), you will not be able to successfully register your Base Station to your Owlet account without temporarily connecting to a 2.4G Base-Station-compatible network.
Before selecting the Owlet network to connect to WiFi:
- Forget any network that is not supported (5G, hidden, etc.).
- Connect your mobile device to the 2.4G network you plan to use to connect the Base Station to the WiFi.
- Connect the Base Station to the wireless network as directed in the app.
- Check to ensure the mobile device is still connected to the same network used with the Base Station before attempting to register the product to your account.