Please Note: Owlet products work with dual-band routers (2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz).
- For setup, both your Owlet device and phone or tablet need to be connected on 2.4GHz
- Please perform set-up within 10 feet of your router
- After setup you may move your phone or tablet back to 5GHz
This article provides troubleshooting for when you cannot see the Owlet Network during your Wifi set-up. Note: the Owlet Wifi is a temporary network designed to function during your Owlet Sick set-up. set-up.
If you are connecting your Owlet to WiFi for the first time, you will see a wireless network being broadcast that has "Owlet" in the name. This is a temporary network that will help you during setup. The Owlet WiFi will only broadcast during the initial setup. After you've successfully connected the Owlet to your home WiFi, it will no longer broadcast the Owlet WiFi. Follow the directions in the Owlet App to connect your Owlet to WiFi.
If you don't see a network with "Owlet" in the name try these troubleshooting steps here.
- The Base Station is not plugged in
- The Base Station is already connected to WiFi
- Plug the base station in, and cycle (turn off/on) your WiFi in your phone
- Check to see if the WiFi light is on (bottom of the Base Station); if it is, you are already connected to the WiFi network. If your app is still asking you to connect to WiFi, you can skip that step and move on to registration.